Monday, August 3, 2009

Wordsworth said "I wandered lonely as a cloud..."

From the window of the speeding car I could see the clouds. Not one but many and thought "clouds are never lonely, at least never alone". I could see them ambling together, some to a distant land, hand in hand; Some waiting to embrace each other - and the freedom! the freedom to be absolutely free on the blanket of a clear blue welkin, what else does one want?. After making this observation and feeling a little down in spirits I indulged in some self pity -

Lonely are not the clouds, but my heart...
My heart knows no company
Like the empty welkin
that sees the clouds come and go
My heart is an observer,
and there ends the role.
The clouds are frivolous,
But the shallow often win.
There is no time to measure,
The vastness of the welkin.
Alas! better alone,
than incomplete in company.
The emptiness in my heart,
And the emptiness of the welkin,
have a faith in each others keeping.
Sometimes we smile each other,
And know there is somebody waiting...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wandered lonely as a man
Through barren streets and towns
When all at once I saw a cloud
A smile to raise my frowns.
The furrowed brow, the sullen eyes
Sparkled and came alive
When all at once that cloud appeared
Blessed by the divine.

Anonymous said...

Yeah right. Whatever be the alibi, moral of the story remains: Whoever does the gimmicks/efforts/endeavors its always the ladies of the species who get to enjoy the end result. Nobody asks what happend to the males and even if their efforts were answered!

Anonymous said...

ma,am aap kyun nahi likh rahi hain?main har roz aapka blog check karta hoon and i feel disappointed that u have not posted anything...bahut din hogaye plz kuch tho likhiye..btw aap chicago chaligayi?how s ur life there...uske baare mein hume baatayiga plz..dhanyvaad...

Anonymous said...

hey..the verse you have quoted is Fom John Donnes's poem.."Present in Absence".Its my personal favourite too....